Our mission is to promote cross-cultural awareness, in order to attain peace and diversity with our neighbors, help establish a better society where individuals love, respect and accept each other as they are.
We endeavor to bring together people of goodwill from all cultures and faiths on a common platform of love and tolerance to develop an understanding that can inspire peace and harmony in our community.
The vision of Intercultural Dialogue Institute Ottawa is to contribute to Canada’s diverse and multicultural atmosphere by service and contribution to society. We dream for a cosmopolitan world of peace, tolerance, love and compassion where:
- The environment and all life is cherished, protected, and improved,
- Religious and cultural fears & hatred are replaced with understanding and respect
- People come to know and care for their neighbors
- The richness of human and religious diversity is woven into the fabric of communal, civil, and societal life
- Religious and spiritual communities live in harmony and contribute to a better Canada using their richness of wisdom and compassion
“Let us be true global citizens. Let us not rest until we have truly succeeded in bringing positive change into the lives of people, and laid the foundations for peaceful, well-functioning, sustainable societies throughout the world.”
“Rarely has there been a moment in recent history when it has been so critical for all of us to protect our common space, building on what unites us. Again, I ask, if not us, then who?”…
United Nations Seventh Secretary-General Kofi Annan